Thursday, March 18, 2010

Doughnuts....They are Delightful

Doughnuts....donuts...... oh those tasty pastries covered with sugar, or chocolate, or molasses, and filled with everything good from jelly to boston creme. Could there be a better breakfast? or afternoon snack for that matter. I love the little fried bits of deliciousness. So much so that my lovely wife gave me a "I heart donuts" sticker for my car and I proudly put it on there. So....I have this idea. I don't know if its a passion yet...but it could be. I think I want to start a site where I'll have a "Pastry Experience" every weekend and then blog about the experience. If things go well and I can get the followers I'll start a web site...maybe sell some t-shirts and bumper stickers and retire to a great big Dunkin Donuts by the beach.

So what do you think....? Would you like to hear about this town's donuts and the experience of enjoying one of the shops special treats? I hope so. I think first up will be the Krispy Kreme on San Jose this weekend. Wish me luck on my new endeavor....and enjoy! I know I will. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Does your KK sell fresh, hot donuts? Sadly, ours gets them trucked in from a remote store, so I can't wait in line repeatedly and just eat my fill of free samples.

    Though if you nuke them for ten seconds or so, they take on the effect of newly Krispy Kremed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and when I was taste testing the first donut for review they were cranking them out so of course I had to get a dozen. Man were they good!

    Nuking them is good but there is nothing and I mean nothing like that fresh, hot donut. I usually eat so many that I literally have a sick stomach and get that sugar sickly crash...oh but it is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No argument there. Sounds like they knew you were coming, wanted to avoid a bad review.

    ReplyDelete