Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just HOW do you rate a donut?

Well, that is the million dollar....uhm... 50 cent question. I actually searched and found an Aussie web site run by "the Donut Man" that defines a point system for rating the donut... hmmm... He's wrong of course. Being from down under he obviously has different tastes from us Americans....so, How do I do this.....? I think this will be a work in process for the first few. I don't want lock myself into a system that doesn't work across donut styles, fillings, frostings, shapes, and consistencies. I'll have to do some research for other types of food critics and see what they use in their discussions. I'll of course give you my thoughts on taste, consistency, price, value, service, and the overall experience of the pastry consumption. Also, I'll be reviewing honey-buns and the occasional bagel as well. I don't want to be one dimensional here.... maybe a Honey-bun hump day or something will work? Would you like that?

Can you tell I'm excited? This has been a long time coming for me....Finally, the Donut Slayer is born! Glazed pastries everywhere....fear the Slayer!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Pastry is so subjective, I think you probably need to find a way to stay subjective, but convey your thoughts objectively.

    I'm not a hard-sell, really, you had me at 'doughnut'. But I want to know, is it soft, is it crispy outside and airy inside, does it feel like they left the doughnuts outside for a week?

    Right on! Congratulations on the new endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elliott! I appreciate the support and advice. I'll try to incorporate all of your thoughts into my reviews. Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete