Thursday, March 18, 2010



Krispy Kreme Doughnuts

- www.krispykreme.com
11117 San Jose Boulevard, Jacksonville

I visited the location on Sunday morning in the rain, which made me think...Does humidity effect the taste or consistency of the donut? Interesting thought...

Anyway the donut of choice for the first review was a GLAZED LEMON FILLED donut. Cost - $.99
Filled donuts always are heavier than you expect. This one was no exception. The lemon filling was evenly distributed into the center, which often is not the case, so that is a plus. The donut was cooked to a pleasing golden brown and the glazing was consistent over the top. The texture was excellent and the whole thing had a soft, doughy, goodness about it. One donut like this would be enough. You could eat another one but you probably wouldn't need to as the one was satisfying satisfying and filling. I've had better, but overall, a good deal for you dollar.

So, go get yourself one and see what you think!

Next time I think I'll do something with chocolate! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

5 comments:

  1. I've always been partial to the 'kreme' filled, but KK does a wonderful job of filling evenly. Do you find the tartness of the lemon was offset sufficiently by the glaze? Sometimes lemon is lacking in proper sweetness.

    Glad to know one would be enough though, I thank you for that. I always get sucked into the two-dozen deal and then I'm done for - sugar coma all afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like powdered lemon filled ones better. I didn't even know they made glazed lemon filled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dunkin' makes the powdered ones, they were one of my favorites as a kid. I think Krispy Kreme is only set up to glaze, aren't they?

    A field trip might be in order...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lemon was not "lemonie" enough for me. Hmmm.... maybe I should have put that in my reveiw! I got sucked into getting a dozen hot glazed while I was there... uhg.... so good!

    Tara, maybe sometime you can do a review with me? How does that sound? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Elliott I think you're right.

    ReplyDelete